Booking Terms and Conditions
Here are our booking conditions. Please contact us if you have a question or wish to make a booking over the telephone.
- Weekly bookings run from either Friday to Friday or Saturday to Saturday depending on the property selected. Arrival is from 4.00 pm and departure no later than 10.00 am.
- The price shown for Coach House and Carriage House is for six people although there are four double or twin bedrooms; if there are seven or eight guests or if you wish to use four bedrooms but there are six guests or fewer the price is increased by 10%. This is done automatically by the booking system.
- Short breaks are usually available from November until Easter, excluding Christmas and New Year. They may also be offered in high season on a last minute basis. These are either three night weekend breaks from Friday to Monday or four night midweek breaks from Monday to Friday. Midweek short breaks are priced the same as weekend breaks and ofer excellent value.
- All prices are in Pounds GB and are fully inclusive of VAT at 20%, electricity, full central heating, bed linen and towels. We provide one bath sheet and one hand towel per person. Please bring your own beach towels.
- Payment can be made by credit or debit card on-line or by cheque. Please note that payment by credit card will attract a surcharge of 2% to defray at least part of the fees that we have to pay to the card companies. No surcharge applies to other methods of payment, including paying by debit card.
- When you complete a booking form and press send, the availability will be updated and the property will be held for you for four days.
- The contract will be formed once the deposit has either been paid by cheque and the cheque clears or the credit / debit card payment has cleared and the guest receives a formal confirmation from Doxford Cottages confirming the deposit paid and the balance owing. The deposit should not be confused with the auto-reply you will receive on sending the booking form, which does not constitute acceptance of the booking by Doxford Cottages. Once the formal confirmation has been sent, a binding contract exists between the guest and Doxford Cottages.
- If a booking is made within six weeks of the arrival date, the full balance is payable at the time of booking.
- The full balance will be payable in the event of a cancellation unless we are able to re-let the property. Cancellations may be made by telephone, but must be confirmed in writing. We recommend that you obtain adequate cancellation insurance.
- It is the client's responsibility to get to Doxford Cottages for the booking, whatever weather conditions prevail. We will be open and your cottage will be ready for you with access available from the highway.
- In certain cottages we can provide an extra child's mattress together with bed linen and towels. We charge £50 for this service to cover insurance, use of facilities etc.
- We shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times when the guest is present or not for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
- If you damage the property or furnishings in any way or leave it in an unacceptable condition we reserve the right to invoice you for such damage or the unacceptable state of the cottage.
- Pets are not permitted.
- We are a non-smoking establishment.
The images in this website are copyright of the photographers who created them and
must not be reproduced without permission. We acknowledge contributions by One North East, Alnwick Garden Trust,
Fotolia, Chris Wright, and others.